The following statement was issued to all members today, 20 June 2020:
Following yesterday’s announcement by the Welsh Government (WG) that the Covid-19 regulations in respect of outside activities will be eased from Monday 22 June, your Executive met last night to discuss the re-opening of the club for a safe return to some form of petanque activity.
- We are satisfied that our club falls into the category of sports allowed to open, subject to current travel restrictions and adherence to the WG Covid guidelines.
- We discussed the issues to be considered in order to open our premises safely. A comprehensive risk assessment has been compiled and a set of guidelines for members produced.
- With these preparations having been made, we agreed that the club can re-open for play at 09.00 on Monday 22 June.
After three months of non-activity at our club, this is obviously good news for us all. However, in order to ensure that our return to play is safe, please find attached a set of guidelines, simplified rules and a playing guide that all members should follow. These are also posted on our website.
I shall list a number of main points for members to note, but this is no substitute for a careful reading of the club’s guidelines. They are issued in the interests of everyone’s safety and wellbeing, including the members of the Bowls and Bridge.
- Although we are now allowed to play outdoors, the WG regulations still apply, especially in terms of social distancing and the stay local requirement.
- The format of play is SINGLES only.
- All play must be booked in advance via the club’s website, which will go live at midnight tonight. Members should not turn up at the club on the chance of a game.
- No spectators are allowed.
- Assume for the present that the toilets at Penylan are not available.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser.
- We are reverting to the use of the keypad lock on the wooden door. The code is XXXXXX. Please sanitise your hands before tapping in the code and after doing so. The door is on the closure. Please do not prop the door open.
Your Executive accepts that the petanque activity available at the club from Monday is not a return to normality but it is a step in the right direction. We hope in the weeks ahead that there will be a further lifting of the restrictions. But by adhering to the guidelines and playing safely we all have a part to play in ensuring a further relaxation of the WG rules.
Stay safe and happy bouling.